Super quick & easy recipe for a lemon cake, partly taken from Chefkoch.de partly made up, enjoy:
1 cup = 150ml
3 cups self raising flour
2 cups sugar
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
1. Seperate the eggs.
2. Mix flour, sugar, egg yolks, butter and milk together.
3. Grate the rind of one and a half lemons and add to the dough.
4. Juice half a lemon and add to the dough.
5. Beat the egg whites until stiff and carefully fold into the dough.
6. Bake on 160 degrees celcius for 70mins (with circulating air on)
For the icing, mix the remaining lemon juice and add icing sugar until
you have fairly non-runny mixture. When the cake is done, leave to rest for 5mins,
then take out of the baking dish and spread with the icing. Yum!